A spiced syrup that I employ in most of my “wintery” drinks to add a familiar flavor of the holidays.
- 3 parts Sugar
- 2 parts Brown Sugar
- 5 1/2 parts Water
- Mulling Spices in a tea satchel
- Cinnamon, Orange Peel, Cloves, All Spice
- Earl Grey Tea
- Place all of the Sugar into a pot
- Add water, and stir
- Next add all spices and tea
- Let the mixture simmer and steep for about 5 minutes or until everything has mixed.
Tip: I love Martinelli’s premixed mulling spices, they come in tea bags and are individually packed. They definitely make life easier!